Course Code: AGT
Course Duration: 1-4 Days
Who Should Attend?
All personnel required to operate an Agricultural Tractor.
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating an Agricultural Tractor.
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Order
- Other current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Pre – shift inspections
- Controls and instruments
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Use of the 3 Point Linkage
- Use of the Power Take Off
- Reversing the tractor with a trailer
- Loading and Un-loading
- The use of mounted implements
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to control the tractor in forward and reverse directions.
- Be able attach and detach implements such as the Power Take Off.
- Practical/hands on
Methods of Assessment
- Practical test
- Written test