Course Code: ASB
Course Duration: 3 Hours
Who Should Attend?
It is legal requirement that all who may come across asbestos in their day to day work be provided with asbestos awareness training and we offer a half daycourse designed to cover HSE requirements and complies with legal obligations.
Those at risk include:
- General maintenance staff.
- Plasterers, painters and caretakers.
- Plumbers, gas fitters, electricians, joiners and shop fitters.
- Telecom engineers, computer engineers, building surveyors.
- Fire and burglar alarm installers.
- Lift Engineers.
- Construction workers, heating and ventilation engineers.
The aim of this half day course is to give delegates who come into contact with or use asbestos an appreciation of the risks and the control measures they need to consider.
- What is asbestos?
- The main properties of asbestos
- Its effect on health
- Figures on deaths in theUK
- The types and likely occurrences of asbestos and asbestos containing material in premises and plant.
- General procedures to be followed in the event of release of asbestos.
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos
Classroom based tutorials.