Course Code: SSI
Course Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend?
This programme is designed for persons responsible for inspecting and checking scaffolds for safe use and for signing certificates and registers in accordance with statutory regulations. We would expect delegates to have some awareness and experience of scaffolding structures.
To provide delegates with an understanding of scaffold components, forms of construction and inspection procedures of basic access scaffolds and to comply with current legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice (ACoPs).
- Scaffold Terminology
- Scaffold Materials
- Means of Access
- Gin Wheels and Ropes
- Scaffold Ties
- Construction Regulations and Recommendations of Basic Scaffolds.
- Practical Inspection
- Identify and inspect tubes, boards, ladders, gin wheels, ropes and fittings correctly.
- State the main requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, Work at Height Regulations 2005 and codes of practice relating to scaffolding.
- Identify the construction requirements common to all scaffolds to include:-
- Scaffold framework
- Platforms, handrails and toe-boards
- Ladder access
- Carry out inspections and fault identification on access scaffolds.
- Complete and maintain reports in accordance with current statutory provision.