Course Code: CS2
Course Duration: 2 Days
Who Should Attend?
Managers, Supervisors, Engineers, Operatives.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the dangers of confined spaces. To enable delegates to enter, work and leave confined spaces including a vertical shaft, using escape sets and full working breathing apparatus. To training delegates in rescue techniques using breathing apparatus.
- Current legislation.
- Recognition of confined spaces.
- Dangers associated with these areas including video film.
- Human respiratory system.
- Appreciation of different types of atmospheres.
- Use of gas detection equipment in hazardous atmospheres.
- Use of personal protective equipment, i.e. ropes, harnesses and man riding hoists.
- Use of escape breathing apparatus.
- Different types of full working breathing apparatus and ancillary equipment.
- Pre-entry checks on equipment.
- Safe Systems of Work for entry into confined spaces.
- Methods of communication.
- Manning levels.
- Emergency procedures and rescue techniques.
- Practical exercises and wearing sessions.
- Practical use of escape set and full working breathing apparatus.
- Vertical entry and egress using a tripod and winch.
- Diseases and personal hygiene associated with confined spaces.
- Awareness of resuscitation equipment.
- Awareness of the need for periodic examinations of equipment.
- Course assessment (theory and practical).
Lectures, videos, overhead projection, demonstrations and practical exercises, handouts and written assessment.
Number of Delegates
Suggested Follow Up Courses
The Use of Airline Breathing Apparatus, Basic Emergency First Aid, CPR and Oxygen Resuscitation Techniques.