Course Code: CS1
Course Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend?
Managers, Supervisors, Engineers, Operatives.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the dangers of confined spaces and to enable delegates to enter, work and leave confined spaces including a vertical shaft.
- Current legislation.
- Recognition of confined spaces.
- Dangers associated with these areas including video film.
- Human respiratory system.
- Uses of gas detection equipment in hazardous atmospheres.
- Use of personal protective equipment, i.e. ropes, harnesses and man riding hoists.
- Use of escape breathing apparatus.
- Pre-entry checks on equipment.
- Safe Systems of Work for entry into confined spaces.
- Methods of communication.
- Emergency procedures.
- Practical exercises.
- Practical use of escape breathing apparatus.
- Vertical entry and egress using a tripod and winch.
- Diseases and personal hygiene associated with confined spaces.
- Awareness of the need for periodic examinations of equipment.
- Course assessment (theory and practical).
Lectures, videos, overhead projection, demonstrations and practical exercises, handouts and written assessment.
Suggested Follow Up Courses
The Use of Full Working Breathing Apparatus, The Use of Airline Breathing Apparatus, Basic Emergency First Aid, CPR and Oxygen Resuscitation Techniques.