Course Code: CS5
Course Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend?
Managers, Supervisors, Engineers,
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the dangers of confined spaces and responsibilities of the supervisor.
- Current legislation.
- Recognition of confined spaces.
- Dangers associated with these areas including video film.
- Human respiratory system.
- Use of gas detection equipment in hazardous atmospheres.
- Use of personal protective equipment, i.e. ropes, harnesses and man riding hoists.
- Use of escape breathing apparatus.
- Pre-entry checks on equipment.
- Risk assessment – factors to be assessed.
- Methods of communication.
- Manning level.
- Emergency arrangements.
- Demonstration of all associated equipment.
- Diseases and personal hygiene associated with confined space.
- Awareness of the need for periodic examinations of equipment.
- Safe systems of work for entry into confined spaces.
- Course assessment.
Lectures, videos, overhead projection, demonstrations and practical exercises, handouts and written assessment.
Number of Delegates
Suggested Follow Up Courses