Course Code: DME
Course Duration: 1-2 Days
To teach the relevant job safety knowledge and practical skills necessary for the safe and efficient operation of hydraulic demountable body equipment (Multilift, Hooklift etc.) to operators and persons involved in the use of these types of appliances. It is also intended for both novice and experienced operators (see course duration).
This course covers the use of Hydraulic Demountable Body Equipment involving the use of loading and offloading of demountable bodies and also the use of the tipping equipment as applicable.
This course meets the relevant statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work etc., Act 1974, and other relevant statutory provisions.
Please note: If the Multilift is to be used on public highways, delegates attending this course should possess a relevant Goods Vehicle driving licence.
By the end of the course the candidate will have demonstrated the following:
- Carrying out operations in accordance with the job requirements
- Prepare the machine for job application
- Selection of correct controls for use of the machine
- All operations and movements in accordance with manufacturers procedures
- Checking the load and skip for security
- Aligning the vehicle with the load in accordance with set procedures
- Stabilising the vehicle as appropriate
- Ensuring the lifting mechanism is correctly attached
- Ensuring the skip is correctly positioned and secured to the vehicle
- Parking the machine safely and securely in accordance with company and legislative requirements
- Practical/hands on
Methods of Assessment
- Practical test
- Written test