Course Code: EFAW
Course Duration: 1 Day
This course is designed to offer the essential basic skills, knowledge and confidence required to administer first aid in a lower risk environment – EFAW.
To provide delegates with knowledge of basic life saving first aid and workplace health and safety regulations.
Who Should Attend
Nominated emergency first aiders, or anyone wanting a comprehensive one day first aid course, especially those working within smaller workplaces that present fewer health and safety risks.
- The roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- The legal requirements for first aid provision
- The importance of accurate incident reporting
- First aid equipment and its safe use
- The need to minimise the risk of infection
- The importance of assessing an incident
- Undertaking a primary survey
- When and how to call for help
- Assessment and management of first aid incidents
- Management of an unconscious casualty
- Management of a casualty who is not breathing normally
- Management of a casualty who is choking
- Management of a casualty who has a bleeding injury
- Management of a casualty who is in shock
- Multiple-choice examination
Practical assessment covers the following five elements:
- Recovery position
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Emergency first aid courses are delivered at our training centre or can be organised at your premises as a dedicated course.
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive a Qualsafe Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid.
Delegates will receive an Ofqual accredited Certificate stating that they are a qualified first aider.