Course Code: FM
Course Duration: 4 Hours
Who Should Attend?
This 4 hours course is designed for all members of staff and will cover the workplace fire safety topics needed to ensure the safety of the employee and their fellow staff members. Instruction also satisfies the requirements laid down in the regulatory reform (Fire Safety) order 2005.
The course gives delegates the training required by the regulatory reform fire safety order 2005 (article 21). It aims to provide information to allow persons to safeguard their own health, the health of others affected by their work, and any staff they might be responsible for.
- Regulations/legislation relating to fire safety
- Definition and duties of the responsible person
- Basic fire prevention and common causes of fire
- How fire spreads
- Hazard identification
- The role of the Fire Marshall /Fire Warden
- Managing people with special needs in your building
- Evacuation procedure
- Types of fire appliances and which type of fire they are used on
- Action on discovering a fire and how to call the fire rescue service
- Liaising with Fire Controllers / Fire Service
- Daily and Weekly Fire Checks
- Record Keeping
- Practice with different types of fire extinguisher on our state of the art Live Fire Simulator
Classroom based tutorials and demonstrations.
This course also includes practical use of fire extinguishers on our ‘Live Fire Simulator’. Our simulator is LPG powered and provides a safe and clean means for trainees to use extinguishers on live fires.