Course Code: FSA
Course Duration: 2 Hours
Who Should Attend?
This 2 hour course is designed for all members of staff and will cover the workplace fire safety topics needed to ensure the safety of the employee and their fellow staff members. Instruction also satisfies the requirements laid down in the regulatory reform (Fire Safety) order 2005.
The course gives delegates the training required by the regulatory reform fire safety order 2005 (article 21). It aims to provide information to allow persons to safeguard their own health, the health of others affected by their work, and any staff they might be responsible for.
- Regulations/legislation relating to fire safety
- Definition and duties of the responsible person
- Basic fire prevention and common causes of fire
- How fire spreads
- Hazard identification
- Managing people with special needs in your building
- Evacuation procedure
- Types of fire appliances and which type of fire they are used on
- Action on discovering a fire and how to call the fire rescue service
- This course does not include practical use of extinginguishers
Classroom based tutorials and demonstrations.