Course Code: LAS
Course Duration: 1/2 Day
Who Should Attend?
This programme is designed for Managers, Supervisors and Operatives, who may need to work at heights, using ladders or steps to do so.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the need for safety, the legislation and dangers associated with working at heights. To enable delegates to be competent when working on ladders or steps.
- Organisation and planning plus risk assessment.
- Prevention of falls.
- Fall arrest systems as appropriate to ladders
- Safety awareness including practical exercise.
- Safe use of ladders and steps including practical exercise.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the work at height regulations and associated legislation and be fully aware of their legal responsibilities.
- Carry out inspections of equipment to ensure they are safe and fit for purpose.
- Confidently select and don a harness correctly.
- Safely select, position and secure ladders as access points or to use for work.
A high proportion of discussion and group participation, supplemented with video and classroom based tutorials as well as practical exercises, including the inspection and erection of ladders and step ladders as appropriate.