Course Code: LLITSSAR
Course Duration: 1-2 Days
Who Should Attend?
Training for operators of lorry-loader cranes is required under health and safety legislation.
This training will qualify the candidate to ITSSAR standards to be able to operate a hydraulic lorry loader.
To train lorry-loader operators in safe operation to meet the minimum requirements of health and safety legislation.
This is a theoretical and practical course of structured tuition to ITSSAR standards.
The theoretical and practical training covers the following elements:
- Current health and safety legislation as it affects lorry-loader operation
- Safety awareness and appreciation of the hazards involved in machine operation,
- Engineering principles
- Site conditions
- Pre-shift checks
- Operator safety procedures
- Basic Slinging and Signalling if the loader is to be used for hook duty.
- Practical training in safe loader operation
- Theoretical and practical assessments
- Auger attachment
- Clam shell attachment
- Block clamp attachment
- Fork loader attachment
- Pole grab attachment
- Winch attachment
Lectures, videos, overhead projection, demonstrations and practical exercises, handouts and written assessment.