Course Code: MAR
Course Duration: 1-5 Days
Who Should Attend?
Potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
To provide training in the safe use of Marine Hoists.
- Operating the crane safely
- Responding to recognised crane signals accurately
- Correct positioning of the crane
- Altering jib lengths and associated safety devices
- Routine maintenance and minor adjustments
- Safe load indicators and duties charts
- Chains, slings and lifting gear
- Crane capabilities and safety precautions
- Basic theory of power units, transmission systems and control system
- Understanding and interpreting duties charts
- Understanding how to programme safe load indicators
- Statutory regulations and Codes of Practice applicable to lifting operations
- Effects of shock loading on structural strength, stability and load displacement
- Principles of safe slinging and the types and capacities of chains, slings and lifting gear
Lectures, videos, overhead projection, demonstrations and practical exercises, handouts and written assessment.
Suggested Follow Up Courses
Intermediate Slinging and Lifting, Advanced Slinging and Lifting, Reversing Vehicle Safety
This is my tagline