Course Code: MEWP
Course Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend?
This programme is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives who may need to use a type specific Mobile Elevated Work Platform.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the need for safety associated with MEWPs. To instruct and equip the delegates in the safe use and inspection of type specific MEWPS.
- Introduction to the MEWP.
- Safe operation & limitations of use.
- Pre-use checks & inspections.
- Safe use of harnesses.
- Checks prior to road travel.
- Traveling and manoeuvring.
- Typical work applications.
- Practical and Theory Assessments.
MEWP Types for which training is provided
The new MEWP categories, with abbreviations and brief explanations:
- Static Vertical (1a): Vertical personnel platforms (static).
- Static Boom (1b): Self-propelled booms (outriggers), trailers/push-arounds, vehicle- mounted platforms.
- Mobile Vertical (3a): Scissor lifts, vertical personnel platforms (mobile).
- Mobile Boom (3b): Self-propelled booms.
- Special (2a, 2b and any other): Airport equipment.