Course Code: RACK
Course Duration: One Day
The course covers an in-depth look at the need for rack safety inspections, how to conduct an assessment and what actions to take on completion. It references the SEMA codes of practice and industry standards and reviews current legislation. Recommended reference texts are also given on the course.
Main subjects covered include:
- The need for rack inspections
- Legislative requirements
- Types of inspection
- Frequency – how often should you inspect racking?
- Records to be kept
- Who is responsible for what?
- Requirements of different types of storage systems
- Use of ancillary equipment
- Particular end user responsibilities
- Responsibilities of the original equipment supplier
- Different levels of risk
- How to manage the risk
- What to look for during the inspection
- Loading configurations
- Action points and corrective measures
The FTT Rack Safety Awareness Course can be held at your site if required.
Classroom based tutorials followed by practical inspection for pallet racking.