Course Code: OHC
Course Duration: 1-3 Days
The purpose of this course is to train operators on operating Overhead Cranes, and to give them a good working knowledge of the statutory requirements and the need for safety training. The course covers the principal components of the Overhead Crane and terminology, operating procedures, signalling, daily checks, lifting, travelling, and also the emergency procedures.
To teach operators to be able to safely operate an Overhead Crane. The course is aimed at all operators who need to operate an Overhead Crane as part of their employment.
On completion of the course the operators will be able to:
- Carry out the daily checks on an Overhead Crane.
- Be familiar with the Crane and its controls (i.e. remote control).
- Explain and demonstrate the operating procedures correctly.
- Understand and demonstrate the correct signals used when operating a Crane.
- Be able to effectively and efficiently lifting and manoeuvre loads on a Crane.
- Taking into account hazards and obstacles.
The standard course for Overhead Crane operators is 1-3 days, depending upon prior experience.
1 Instructor : 4 Students. 90% Practical : 10% Classroom.
The standard course will cover the following:
- The statutory requirements relating to using an Overhead Crane.
- Operating and site safety codes.
- Gantry Crane and remote control familiarisation.
- Daily pre-shift checks.
- Simple maintenance procedures.
- Procedures for lifting and manoeuvring loads.
- Signalling procedures