Course Code: PC
Course Duration: 1-2 Days
Who Should Attend?
Training for operators of Pier Mounted Cranes is required under health and safety legislation.
This training will qualify the candidate to ITSSAR standards to be able to operate a Hydraulic Pier Crane.
To train Pier Crane operators in safe operation to meet the requirements of health and safety legislation.
This is a theoretical and practical course of structured tuition to ITSSAR standards.
The theoretical and practical training covers the following elements:
- Current health and safety legislation as it affects Pier Crane operation
- Safety awareness and appreciation of the hazards involved in machine operation,
- Engineering principles
- Site conditions
- Pre-shift checks
- Operator safety procedures
- Basic Slinging and Signalling if the craneis to be used for hook duty.
- Practical training in safe crane operation
- Theoretical and practical assessments
- Clam shell attachment
- Fork loader attachment
- Winch attachment
Lectures, videos, overhead projection, demonstrations and practical exercises, handouts and written assessment.