Course Code: SHA
Course Duration: 1/2 Day
Who Should Attend?
This programme is designed for Managers, Supervisors and Operatives, who may require fall arrest protection.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the need for safety, the legislation and dangers associated with work that may require the need for a safety harness. To enable delegates to be competent when working on roofs and to safely and correctly use harnesses in conjunction with ladders and steps.
- Organisation and planning plus risk assessment.
- Prevention of falls.
- Fall arrest systems.
- Safety awareness including practical exercise.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the work at height regulations and associated legislation and be fully aware of their legal responsibilities.
- Select the correct work equipment and restraint systems to help prevent falls from height thus reducing risk to themselves and others.
- Carry out inspections of equipment to ensure they are safe and fit for purpose.
- Confidently select and don a harness correctly.
A high proportion of discussion and group participation, supplemented with video and classroom based tutorials as well as practical exercises.