Course Code: SSL
Course Duration: 1-5 Days
The purpose of this course is to train operators on the safe use of Skid Steer Loaders and to give them a good working knowledge of the statutory requirements and the need for safety training. The course covers stability and instability of Skid Steer Loaders, as well as the rated capacities, the general operating of the machine, and site safety codes. Also covered is the machine and control familiarisation, daily checks, refuelling and simple maintenance, procedures for steering, manoeuvring, load handling, travelling on site, levelling, digging, and cleaning up.
To teach operators to be able to safely operate a Skid Steer Loader, including manoeuvring and maintaining the machine. The course is aimed at all operators who need to operate the Loader as part of their employment.
On completion of the course the operators will be able to:
- Carry out all pre-shift checks on the Skid Steer Loader.
- Be familiar with the machine and controls.
- Understand rated capacity and the effects of carrying loads across different environments.
- Have a good working knowledge of stability and instability of the machine.
- Be able to effectively and efficiently load and unload the Skid Steer Loader and travel across site taking into account hazards and obstacles.
The standard course for operators is between one to five days, depending upon prior experience.
1 instructor : 4 Students, 85% Practical : 15% Classroom.
The standard course will cover the following:
- The statutory requirements relating to using a Skid Steer Loader.
- Rated capacities.
- Stability and instability.
- Operating and site safety codes.
- Machine and control familiarisation.
- Daily pre-shift checks.
- Refuelling and simple maintenance.
- Procedures for steering and manoeuvring.
- Load handling.
- Travelling around site.
- Stock piling.
- Cleaning up.