Course Code: SKL
Course Duration: 1-2 Days
Who Should Attend?
All personnel required to operate a Skip Handler.
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Skip Handler.
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Order
- Other current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Recognition of potential hazards ( Hazardous Substances )
- Techniques for siting/lifting close to ground works and buildings
- Communication and signalling procedures
- Loading and off-loading techniques for empty skips
- Lifting techniques for a loaded skip
- Methods and procedures for trimming and securing loads
- Methods and procedures for tipping loaded skips
- Operators responsibilities for preparing and using the skip handler for road travel
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Be able to carry out minor adjustments and routine services.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Order & other current relevant legislation.
- Practical/hands on
Methods of Assessment
- Practical test
- Written test