Course Code: ASB
Course Duration: 1/2 Day
Environment Agency / SEPA Requirement for Spill Response Training
Best environmental practice requires that staff are trained in spillage control. The Environment Agency and SEPA Pollution Prevention Guidelines recommends that “a site incident response plan should be drawn up to deal with leaking containers and spillage’s, and that all staff should be trained in its application, in the use of related equipment and in the relevant health and safety issues.”
Who Should Attend?
This programme is designed for any employee who may encounter a leaking container or spillage on site.
To provide first responders at a spillage incident with the awareness, basic knowledge and techniques to safely use sorbent products to recover the spilt substances and limit its escape into the environment.
- Environmental Awareness, legislation and health and safety.
- Video presentations to highlight awareness.
- Identification of ‘hot spot’ on your site.
- Spill Response Procedures.
- Types and applications of sorbent products.
- Simulated spill and deployment if equipment.
- After spill analysis.
A high proportion of this course is practical with all candidates being involved in the deployment of spill control equipment in simulated scenarios.