Course Code: MHT
Course Duration: 4 Hours
Who Should Attend?
This programme is designed for any person(s) who have to train and/or assess those who are involved in manual handling in the workplace i.e. Employers, Managers, Supervisors or Operatives.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of how to minimize the risk of injury to themselves and others by increasing awareness of potential manual handling hazards in the workplace and their outcomes.
- Health & Safety at work Act 1974.
- Manual Handling Regulations.
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations.
- Accident statistics.
- The functions of the spine and muscular system.
- Typical injuries.
- Hazard identification and assessment of:
- The task.
- The load.
- The working environment.
- Individual capabilities.
- Correct handling techniques.
- Practical exercises and tuition.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the legislation and manual handling regulations that relate to lifting in the workplace.
- Appreciate the financial impact on industry caused by injuries from poor manual handling.
- Identify and assess potential hazards and chose appropriate methods of risk control which includes the selection of any lifting equipment that may be required.
- Carry out manual handling techniques in a safe and efficient manner.
A high proportion of group participation including practical exercises in lifting techniques, supplemented with video and classroom based tutorials.