Course Code: BA1
Course Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend?
Managers, Supervisors, Engineers, Operatives.
To provide delegates with the knowledge to safely use full working breathing apparatus.
- Different types of full working breathing apparatus, and ancillary equipment.
- Pre-entry checks on equipment.
- Methods of communication.
- Practical exercises and wearing sessions, including:
- Practical use of full working breathing apparatus.
- Awareness of resuscitation equipment.
- Awareness of the need for periodic examinations of equipment.
- Course assessment (theory and practical).
The above course assumes that delegates have attended a CS1 or similar course and hold a relevant and current certificate for Confined Space Entry Procedures. Delegates who require to enter confined spaces and do not hold this qualification should attend either a CS2 or a BA2 dependant upon their requirements.
Lectures, videos, overhead projection, demonstrations and practical exercises, handouts and written assessment.
Suggested Follow Up Courses
The Use of Airline Breathing Apparatus, Basic Emergency First Aid, CPR & Oxygen Resuscitation Techniques.