This statement is based on what is currently known about the Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19). However, much is unknown about how the COVID-19 spreads. Current knowledge is largely based on what is known about similar coronaviruses.
COVID-19 is a viral infection spread from person to person by close contact. Symptoms can include a cough, sore throat, fever, tiredness and /or difficulty in breathing. (Please note that respiratory illnesses like seasonal influenza are also currently widespread).
At present, the high-risk areas are China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Italy (in affected areas only), Tenerife and Macau.
FTT has put measures in place to ensure that we are able to respond in a flexible way to varying levels of severity and are prepared to refine business response plans as needed.
Our employees have been advised of the importance to:
- regularly wash their hands
- minimise contact between our hands and mouth/nose
- cover their nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
- clean hard surfaces e.g. keyboards, phones, tables with sanitizer frequently
- if employees have travelled to any of the high-risk areas then we would ask that they stay away from work if they experience symptoms of COVID-19 until all symptoms have passed and they feel well (they will be sent home if they first display symptoms while at work and the building will be deep cleaned accordingly)
- check the latest guidance and recommendations for each country to which they intend to travel and to check themselves for symptoms before starting travel and notify their manager and stay home if they are sick
Any employee or worker (or family member or friend that they may have been in contact with) who has visited the countries above and displays any symptoms has been advised to:
- call NHS Direct Wales on 0845 4647 or 111 Wales / 111 England
- not attend surgery or hospital without phoning in advance
- stay indoors and avoid contact with others as much as possible for 14 days
As a Company, FTT will promote infection control through the methods above, and in addition we will:
- Send SMS information to promote infection control for our workers
- Display posters and information to promote infection control
- Provide and encourage the use of hand sanitizers to all visitors to our offices
The risk of the COVID-19 becoming a pandemic is foreseeable. In preparation for dealing with a pandemic disease, FTT will:
- consider flexible working arrangements for employees, to permit working from home to prevent the spread of the virus in the workplace or in the community
- review arrangements for workplace hygiene and cleaning protocols
- make clear communications to employees in order to provide reassurance that any risk to their welfare and the business is being managed and that as a business we are ready to respond
- regularly update its information regarding pandemic diseases, by checking the latest guidance from the World Health Organisation, Public Health Wales, Public Health England and the local authority
The latest advice is that closing individual settings is of limited benefit in stopping the spread of the disease.
FTT will continue to monitor the guidance on COVID-19 and make additional recommendations as needed.
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/fttonlin/public_html/wp-content/themes/flatsome/inc/shortcodes/share_follow.php on line 29